Pureed PEERtrainer Energy Soup Recipe. This is the one. I created it because I wanted a way to get in tons of vegetables easily and I wanted it to taste great. It’s the gift that keeps on giving. You make a salad and all that work gets eaten up in one sitting. You spend 45 minutes making this soup and it lasts for days. And you can freeze half.
People call me and write me almost every day and tell me that they lose weight when they add this soup to their diet. Here it is:
Ingredients you will need:
- 4 cups chicken stock broth (if you can, please get the organic stock without gluten and preservatives. Pacific organic makes a great one. If you are vegan, this is the only ingredient you need to change. Substitute Vegetable Broth).
- 3-5 stalks of broccoli (cut off the stalk ends)
- 1 bag of frozen spinach
- 1 pk of mushrooms- 10-16 ounces (make them shitake or a mixed blend if possible. If not, regular white mushrooms will do. Regular square box)
- 1 head of Cauliflower, or 16 ounces of frozen Cauliflower
- 1 can of coconut milk (unsweetened)
- 2 fresh bay leaves (available in any grocery)
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 1 x 1 inch chunks of fresh ginger
- 6 medium cloves of fresh garlic
- 2 – 3 fresh limes (depending on your taste, these can be strong)
- crushed red pepper (anywhere from a teaspoon to a tablespoon or more, depending on your preference. I prefer a more than less)
- handful (a palm full) of fresh cilantro (chopped)
- Few shakes of salt
Place broccoli, spinach, mushrooms, cauliflower and bay leaves in a large stock pot with the chicken broth and the can of coconut milk. Turn on high until boil. Once it’s boiling, turn down to simmer for 18 – 20 minutes. (If you have questions about coconut milk and the saturated fat content, we have two blog posts that address this further down this page, featuring the input of Jonny Bowden who has a PhD in Nutrition.)
Slice onion into pieces (size and shape are not important) In separate sauce pan, drop in the olive oil and sautee the onion in a large skillet in the olive oil, until translucent and slightly soft and browned. You must care for the onions and be sure to not burn them. Do not go do something else in this part of the process. In a Cuisinart or other food blender, grind up the garlic and ginger and stir in ginger and garlic for less than a minute. Then place the mixture into the large stock pot of vegs and broth/coconut milk.
In same sauce pan that you sautéed the onions, place the juice of two limes, a handful of crushed red pepper (more or less depending on how hot you like things), and a handful of cilantro into a sauce pan and sautee at high for a few minutes. Pour into large stock pot.
Then with your Cuisinart smart stick, puree, puree until smooth. It should be a bit ‘thick” and this will help with your hunger and keep you satiated. The more you water it down, the less full you’ll feel. Add a few shakes of salt. Taste. Depending on taste, add a bit more lime, red pepper flakes, or cilantro as needed and puree.
This soup makes probably 10 servings and has about 2 points per serving. (Do not quote me on the weight watchers points/servings. This is only an estimation). If you are in weight loss mode, eat before you eat other foods. Suggested pairings:
- A bowl of black beans (you can throw them right in the soup)
- Extra firm tofu (sautéed for 5 minutes with a bit of olive oil, fresh sesame seeds and red hot chili pepper flakes.
- 4 oz of baked salmon or other protein.
This new article by Brian Rigby explains this issue in detail:
PEERtrainer’s Top Recipes that you should ALWAYS EAT.
These are rich in micronutrients, which are things found in plants, especially GREENS. These are things that we all “know” are good for us. These recipes make it easy and pack a punch. If you like these, we have over 100 recipes in the new CHEAT SYSTEM DIET book. You can learn more about that book by clicking on the image on the right side of this post.
#1. PEERtrainer Energy Soup. This is a classic recipe that will make you feel so good, so full and help you drop weight. This might be the most micronutrient rich soup recipe ever created! If you are looking for a way to make vegetables taste great, make this TODAY. YUMMY
#2. Chocolate Decadence. This is the most popular shake recipe ever. It features vegetable protein which stays in your system longer than whey protein, keeping you fuller longer. Vegetable protein absorbs 50% more slowly. This is the #1 most popular breakfast shake recipe on PEERtrainer ever! YUMMY
#3. Cheat System Diet Burrito. This is something brand new, that did not make it into the book. But it became an instant hit. Read the comments below the recipe. Basically we took whole grains out of the burrito, and made it super crunchy and micronutrient rich. Check it out and have it as a snack ANY time you want. YUMMY
#4. The PEERtrainer Insane Man Hunger Cure. This recipe is great for men and women alike. YUMMY
#5. PEERtrainer Sweet and Salty Pumpkin Cookies. We botched this recipe when we first published it last October. People got so mad at us, and you can see from the comments, but we fixed it and a cookie classic was born! -Jackie Wicks, PEERtrainer
PS: Something that you might love- we put together some funny quotes, motivational quotes and thought provoking quotes.
Click here to see all 15.
PPS: If you have not downloaded your free copy of the PEERtrainer Cheat System, you can do so right here
The PEERtrainer Cheat System is a simple to follow diet, that makes weight loss easier and less frustrating. The objective is to help guide you towards a way of eating that will make it easier to lose weight, give you more energy and help you feel better.
When you enter your email below you will be sent a free copy of the diet! The PEERtrainer Cheat System is an advanced weight loss and health plan, made super easy, and designed to work with, not against how the brain actually works. Here are some leading doctors commenting on it:
“it works in a real way with how human psychology works…I love that it relates closely to how the brain likes to function…without crazy effort and with significant short-term gains.” –Srini Pillay, MD, Harvard Medical School
“gives you the template to lose weight without sending your hormones in a disastrous death spiral.” -Sara Gottfried, MD
“The Cheat System Diet is brilliant! Jackie Wicks understands how the brain works, and how habits are developed in the real world.” –Steven Masley, MD, Assistant Professor University South Florida
Here is a quick summary of the important details of the PEERtrainer Cheat System
1. It Is Free. We reserve the right to change this in the near future, but everyone who gets on the “Cheat System” mailing list will get updates and revisions as long as they stay on the mailing list. There is a simple form at the bottom of this post to enter your email address. You’ll be sent the system and you’ll get on the list.
2. It Is Easy To Do. The PEERtrainer Cheat System is a PDF that consists of two lists of foods, a description of the system, and a very simple incentive system. We literally could have written a book about this, but we want to keep it as simple as possible.
3. You Can’t Fail At This. A lot of people have made incredible transformations using the various tools that PEERtrainer provides. But one thing we have observed is that everyone makes progress at different speeds. It is critically important. The Cheat System allows you to go at your own pace. You can do as much or as little as you want.
4. It Will Be Controversial. What we have done here is presented what we have seen work over the last 5 years at PEERtrainer. It is also what we do ourselves in our own life. When you see the list, you will probably have some questions. Just know that there are good reasons for everything we have put in there.
“By far one of the simplest systems I’ve ever tried and produced the results I wanted; it helped me drop 50 pounds and transition my way into making permanent changes in my eating style.” -Erin Evelyn, Flint, MI, USA
“Much easier to follow than other diets/trackers/changes I’ve tried, especially not having to keep track of every single morsel of food I eat. Only keeping track of cheats is SO much easier, and I always know I can eat off the free list if I’m hungry without feeling guilty!”
-AJ Kunsman; Vallejo, CA Sign Up Here For Instant Download