Here’s a delicious gluten-free pizza recipe!
Servings: Approximately 4
- 1 cup almond flour 5.5
- 3 Tbs almond butter (or grass-fed butter) 3
- 2 omega 3-enriched eggs, beaten 1.5
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 3 tsp olive oil, divided 1.2
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, diced
- 4 mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large Italian sausage, cut in 1/2” slices 3
- 1 red pepper, diced
- ½ cup marinara sauce or tomato sauce, with no sugar added
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp fennel seed
- ½ cup cherry or grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- Baking Sheet or Baking Stone
- Small Bowl
- Medium Bowl
- Large Skillet
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Mix almond flour, almond butter, eggs and sea salt in a small bowl.
- Cover a baking sheet with 2 tsp olive oil (if using a stone, no oil needed), then spread the mixture over it, making a 1/4˝ thick crust.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add the remaining olive oil, onions, mushrooms, and sliced sausage to a large skillet over medium-high heat until the sausage is browned and the onions are slightly translucent.
- Remove from skillet and set aside in medium bowl.
- Add garlic and red pepper to the skillet. Sauté the vegetables for about 4 minutes, or until slightly tender.
***Note: do not cook the vegetables entirely in the skillet or they will be too soft when cooked on the pizza***
- Remove the crust from the oven and cover with marinara sauce. Add the sausage and sautéed vegetables.
- Sprinkle with oregano and fennel seed
- Bake for 20-30 minutes.
- Remove from oven when fully cooked
- Top with sliced tomatoes.
- Carefully lift the slices out of the pan as the dough will still be soft.