This recipe is the latest creation of Jen in the PEERtrainer Cheat System recipe center. She made them last night and has reported that they were DELISH!! The Cheat System is designed to reward you for your good choices. Our “Cheat Treats” are designed to lessen the impact of the flavors you love (and have earned!!)
PEERtrainer Sweet and Salty Pumpkin Cookies
1 cup almond flour or rice flour (organic wheat flour as a last resort)
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
1/4 t of sea salt
1/2 cup canned pumpkin puree
2 ½ Tbs grass-fed butter or regular butter
2 Tbs pure raw honey
1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
Baking sheet (non-stick) or stone
2 mixing bowls (one large, one medium)
1) Preheat to 350 degrees.
2) In a medium bowl, combine the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, salt and allspice.
3) Stir to blend well.
4) In a large bowl, combine the pumpkin puree, honey, butter and vanilla; use fork to blend.
5) Using a flexible rubber spatula, gradually stir the dry ingredients into the pumpkin mixture.
6) For each cookie, drop 1 generous tablespoon of batter onto the baking sheet, spacing the mounds about 1 inch apart
7) Flatten each to a 2-inch-diameter round.
8) Bake the cookies until brown and a bit firm to the touch, 17 to 20 minutes.
9) Allow cookies to cool on sheet to firm up a bit
Total “Cheats” in this recipe: 10
One of the best ways to earn your cheats is to consume MASSIVE levels of micronutrients. These are nutrients found in plants, and most people don’t get enough. Leading Doctors like Joel Fuhrman make a very strong case that as your micronutrient intake goes UP over time, your weight, hunger and risk of disease goes DOWN.
Eat tons of greens, onions and other veggies. ALL Cheat System Recipes feature these. A great turbocharge that we recommend is Athletic Greens, which have the biggest VARIETY of micronutrients in any greens mix we have ever seen. They taste great, and people also report that it helps them feel less hungry over time. Get them right here.