Here’s a fun harvest-themed chicken casserole featuring pumpkin!
- 1.5 lbs chicken breasts, chopped into 1 inch cubes
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped
- 1 can (15 oz.) pumpkin puree
- 6 oz. coconut milk (from a can)
- 1 pound of frozen chopped blended spinach or kale
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Large sauce pan or pot
- 9X11 casserole dish
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- Chop cauliflower and put it in a baking dish topped with a little bit of olive oil and salt and pepper.
- Roast cauliflower for about 25 minutes.
- Heat sauce pan over medium heat
- Add olive oil and minced garlic.
- Once the garlic begins to smell, add chopped onions and cook until translucent.
- Add chopped chicken, and to the cooking onions, cover and let steam for around 5 minutes.
- Cook chicken until about 2/3 cooked.
- Add can of pumpkin, coconut milk, spinach/kale and spices directly to the pan.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Add chicken-sauce mixture over cauliflower
- Bake under broiler for about 5 minutes
- Remove from oven and let sit for around 10 minutes to help the sauce thicken up.