Yes, bacon! The most delicious soup.
There is a place called Food Shack in Jupiter Florida. One of the best restaurants in Palm Beach County. Nothing can compare to the chefs.. We befriended a chef named Beau who is truly a food artist. Here is an adapted soup recipe that is unbelievable. Very tasty, micronutrient dense.
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 1 peeled red apple, sliced in quarters
- 1 small glass of chardonnay
- 2 – 3 slices of cooked bacon
- 1 large box (4 cups) of organic chicken broth
- 1 small sweet yellow onion (sliced)
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 1 large package of frozen spinach
- 1 large blend of gourmet mushrroms or shitake mushroorms or plain if that’s all ya got.
- Place the chicken broth, coconut milk, spinach and mushrooms, chopped garlic in a pot and bring to boil.
- Turn down to simmer. In the meantime, saute the bacon and saute sliced onion and place in pot.
- Add wine and sliced apple. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Blend with immersion blender and serve!